General terms and conditions
The Contracting Parties which have the rights and obligations under these General Terms and Conditions are the Client, whose identification data are stated on the Application Form (hereafter "the Client") and Explorata Invest, s.r.o., Company ID No.(IČ): 061 79 266, with its registered office at Bulharská 996/20, Vršovice, 101 00 Praha 10, registered in the Commercial Register maintained by the Municipal Court in Prague, Section C, Entry 277589 (hereinafter referred to as the "Language School").
I. Introductory provisions
- General Terms and Conditions (hereinafter referred to as the "GTC") form an integral part of the contract concluded between the Client and the Language School.
- The contract between the Client and the Language School is concluded based on a written order of the Client confirmed by the Language School. As a written form is considered paper order form signed by the Client, electronic mail and electronic order form of the Language School available on jazygo.cz.
- The contractual terms may be changed only by express agreement of both parties and on the basis of the conditions set in these GTC.
II. Subject of the performance
- Subject of the performance is teaching of language in the language course for public organized by the Language School for the relevant period based on the order of the Client (hereinafter the “teaching”).
- Language School offers the below mentioned collective courses:
- General English is a general English training course of 24 hours in total. It allows the Client to train his general linguistic skills in English in order to reach a higher level of proficiency in this foreign language.
- Grammar English is a grammar English training course of 24 hours in total. It allows the Client to train his grammar linguistic skills in English in order to reach a higher level of proficiency in this foreign language.
- Conversation English is a conversation English training course of 24 hours in total. It allows the Client to train his soft skills in English in order to reach a higher level of proficiency in this foreign language.
- Cambridge preparation is a Cambridge preparation course allowing the Client to get introduced, through a 40 hours course, to the overall structure of the Cambridge exam in order to maximize his chance of successfully passing the aimed Cambridge Certificate.
JazyGo! Certificate course includes the inscription process to the Cambridge exam. Inscription fees are not included in the price of the course JazyGo! Certificate.
Intensive Czech is a general Czech training course of 30 hours in total. It allows the Client to train his general linguistic skills in Czech in order to reach a higher level of proficiency in this foreign language.
- Bi-weekly Czech is a general Czech training course of 9 hours in total. It allows the Client to train his general linguistic skills in Czech in order to reach a higher level of proficiency in this foreign language.
- Breakfast Friday is a general Czech training course of 10 hours in total. It allows the Client to train his general linguistic skills in Czech in order to reach a higher level of proficiency in this foreign language.
- Saturday course is a general Czech training course of 18 hours in total. It allows the Client to train his general linguistic skills in Czech in order to reach a higher level of proficiency in this foreign language.
III. General provisions
- The language School undertakes to meet the published teaching conditions, especially as regards the date, the scope of the teaching, the price, the quality of the performance and providing lecturers.
- The Client is obliged to take over the ordered course and pay for it in a duly and timely manner.
- The Client is required to enrol in a course which corresponds to his / her level of language skills.
IV. Term and realization of teaching
- The teaching hour / lesson of the course is of the duration mentioned in the current offer of courses published on jazygo.cz.
- Unless otherwise stated, teaching is not practiced on public holidays. This fact has already been calculated when calculating the course price.
- The commencement of teaching and the days and times of teaching are specified in the current offer of courses published on jazygo.cz. Language School is not responsible, if the course dates do not meet the time schedule of the Client.
- For long-term course with a regular weekly schedule, the Language School reserves the right to change the regular weekly schedule for the rest of the course due to important reasons. If, in such a case, the Client cannot continue in attending the course solely because of his / her time schedule, he / she is entitled to request the reimbursement of a pro rata part of the Course fee for lessons not yet provided. The written request under the previous sentence has to be delivered to the Language School no later than 7 days from the date of the announcement of the change of regular weekly schedule, otherwise the right for reimbursement of the proportional part of the Course fee expires. For the purposes of this paragraph, a long-term course is a course that lasts at least 50 hours in total.
- Scheduling and rescheduling within the meaning of paragraph 6. and 7. of this Article of GTC does not grant the Client the right for reimbursement.
- The Language School reserves the right to put off the commencement and end of the course by 1-2 weeks if it is necessary due to technical reasons.
- In case that teaching cannot be provided for important reasons, the Language School is entitled to choose a substitute way of providing teaching. The Client will be notified of this in advance.
- The Language School reserves the right to cancel the course due to non-fulfilment of the minimum course capacity (the minimum number is 4 students). The Language School is obliged to inform the Client about this fact no later than 3 working days before the course begins. The Language School is obliged to offer the Client a substitute solution (possibility to attend another course or return the Course fee). In this case, the fee is refundable in full amount.
V. Course fee
- The price for the relevant course (hereinafter and above referred to as the "Course fee") is determined according to the language course price list of the Language School published on jazygo.cz, and is stated in the order of the Client (according to the specific course specification).
- The course includes the appropriate number of hours (according to the course specification), teaching materials excluding the student books and textbooks, the use of learning tools and the equipment of classrooms during the lessons.
- The Course fee is always stated including the applicable VAT rate.
VI. Payment terms
- The Course fee can be paid in the following ways: by credit card on-line, by the credit card in the office of the Language School or by transfer to the bank account of the Language School.
- Payment by credit card online - Payment can be made via e-shop at the internet address jazygo.cz. Once the order has been confirmed, the Client will be redirected to the online payment gateway to make the payment. When paying online, the Language School has no access to the bank details of the Client.
- Payment by the credit card in the office of the Language School – payment by the credit card can be made by the Client in the office of the Language School on address Mánesova 28, 102 00 Prague 2.
- Payment by transfer to bank account - In this form of payment, the invoice will be issued for the whole amount of the Course of the ordered course or the instalment amount (in case of payment of the Course fee in instalments). The maturity of the invoice is 15 days from the date of issue of the invoice. The Client is obliged to meet the maturity of the invoice. In the event that the payer is a legal entity, the Client is required to indicate the company's ID No. (IČ) and registered office.
- If Party fails to make any payment in duly and timely manner, it shall pay to the other Party interest on late payment of 0.1% of the amount owed for each, even commenced, day of delay. Unless the Party set otherwise, in the event of late payment, the reimbursement is first offset against default interest and the remaining part on the debt itself (principal). If Party is in delay with the payment for more than 30 days, the other Party is entitled to withdraw from the contract.
VII. Quality of teaching and providing of teaching
- The Language School undertakes to provide for the course Czech or foreign lecturer according to the specific specification of the respective course. The Language School reserves the right to change the lecturer.
- The Language School undertakes to observe the maximum limit for the number of persons in the course as follows - the maximum capacity of 15 persons in the course.
- The minimum number of persons in the course is 4, unless the Language School specifies otherwise. In the event that the respective course does not order and does not pay at least 4 Clients, it will not be realized in accordance with the article IV.8 of the GTC.
- If the Client is not satisfied with the quality of the lesson, he / she is obliged to inform the Language School in writing, e.g. by e-mail.
- The course can be claimed till the beginning of the third lesson from the commencement of the course. The Client is aware of this and agrees with it. If the Client missed the first lessons, the deadline for submitting the claim will not be prolonged. Claims arising from liability for defects are extinguished, if they are applied late.
- The Language School will confirm receipt of the claim in electronic form within 5 business days at the latest.
- The Language School reserves the right to review the reasons for the claim and, if it finds it justified, to suggest the Client a solution, e.g. by allowing the transfer to another course or saving the course to the next semester, or returning the Course fee - choice of such solution is always upon the Language School (in all cases it is a refund of an adequate part of the course fee, i.e. after deduction of the amount for the lessons already realized).
- The Language School, or its authorized employee, undertakes to decide on the complaint immediately, if possible, or within 5 business days. In complex cases, where the reasons for the claim need to be checked, for example by distributing the satisfaction questionnaires to the other participants in the course, making the course attendance, consulting the lecturer, etc., the Language School decides no later than 4 weeks from the date of the complaint delivery.
- Obstacles on the part of the Client will not be recognized as a relevant reason for the claim. This is mainly a change in time options of the Client, a loss of reason for attending a course in view of changing the circumstances in which the Client enrolled.
- Cancellation of lessons by the Language School will also not be recognized as a relevant reason for the claim. However, the Language School undertakes to provide a substitute lesson or to extend the duration of the course accordingly.
- The Language School is not responsible for non-fulfilment of the obligations arising out of the contract due to force majeure.
- The Client is not entitled to the refund of the Course fee in the event of obstacles that arise on his / her part, which prevent him / her from attending the course properly (change of time schedule of the Client or other circumstances in which he / she enrolled in the course). In this case, the Language School does not lose the right to a full Course fee supplement.
IX. Breach of the contract, withdrawal, change of the contract
- In the case that the Client withdraw from the contract (cancellation) before the commencement of the course, i.e. after signing a binding order (but before the actual course begins), the Client undertakes to pay to the Language School 50 % of the Course fee (cancellation fee). The remaining 50 % of the Course fee is not the Client obliged to pay.
- By withdrawal of the Client from the contract (cancellation) after the commencement of the course, i.e. after the first lesson, the Language School is entitled to the payment of the remaining part of the Course fee, i.e. the remaining 50 % of the Course fee and the Client thus obliges to pay to the Language School the Course fee in full amount.
- The Client is not entitled to the refund of the Course fee in the event of obstacles that arise on his part, which prevent him / her from attending the course properly (change of time schedule of the Client or other circumstances in which he / she enrolled in the course). In this case, the Language School does not lose the right to a full Course fee supplement.
- In the case of electronic enrolment in the course or by paper order form signed by the Client away from the usual business premises of the Language School, the Client, if he / she is in the position of the consumer, has the right to withdraw from this contract without giving any reason within 14 days. This period begins to run from the day following the date on which the contract was concluded (i.e. from the day following the date on which the Client sent his order to the Language School and the Language School confirmed the acceptance of the order, or from the day the Client and the Language School representative signed the paper order form). It is sufficient to comply with this period, if the withdrawal from the contract is dispatched before the expiry of the period. If the Client withdraws from the contract in accordance with the above-mentioned terms and conditions, the Language School shall return to the Client without undue delay, no later than 14 days after the Language School has received the withdrawal, any payment received from the Client in connection with this contract, and in the same way as these payments have been received, unless otherwise agreed by the Parties.
- If, prior to the expiration of the 14-day withdrawal period within the meaning of paragraph 3 of this Article of GTC, the Language School has already begun with the provision of the service, it is considered that the services were provided based on an explicit request of the Client (i.e. on the basis of the relevant order). In this case the Client is obliged to pay the Language School a proportion of the Course fee corresponding to the price of the services already provided to the Client.
- If, prior to the expiration of the 14-day withdrawal period within the meaning of paragraph 3 of this Article, the ordered services has been already provided to the Client to the full extent, it is considered that it was done on the basis of an explicit request of the Client (i.e. on the basis of the relevant order). In this case, the Client does not have the right to withdraw from the contract in accordance with paragraph 3 of this Article of GTC.
- On the expiry of the above-mentioned 14-day period, the contract (order) is considered to be concluded in the usual business premises of the Language School and ruled by the same conditions.
- Withdrawal from the contract must always be sent by the Client to the Language School in writing, i.e. letter sent by post. Withdrawal from the contract is effective on the day of delivery to the Language School.
- The Language School reserves the right to refuse or additionally exclude from the course the Client who violates the basic principles of civic coexistence or the Client, who will show that he / she is not objectively able to master the lesson. In case of additional exclusion, the Client is entitled to return the Course fee in the extent of unsolicited lessons.
X. Personal data of the Client
- The Client gives his / her personal data by sending or signing the order to the Language School: name, surname, date of birth, address of residence / residence, e-mail address and telephone number and corporate ID number (in case he / she is self-employed person, weekly time availability with respect to the teaching, mother language, main difficulties in English, knowledge of another language, knowledge level of other languages spoken, in case the client is under 18 personal data of the legal representative: name, surname, date of birth, address of residence, email, telephone, family relationship (father, mother, etc.). By signing or sending the order, the Client confirms that the personal data provided by him / her are accurate and true. If the personal data are subsequently changed, the Client is obliged to notify the Language School about this change, not later than 7 days.
- If the Client is not a participant in the course and has ordered the course for a third-party, or if the order is signed or dispatched by the statutory representative of a participant which is less than 18 years old, the statutory representative or the Client who ordered the course for a third party, hereby declares that he / she has the right to use the personal data of the participant and to provide with them the Language School and that the personal data provided are true. In the event that this statement turns out to be untrue, the Language School has the right to claim compensation for the person who signed or sent the order.
- The Language School is in this contractual relationship personal data administrator and undertakes to dispose with the personal data of the Client in accordance with the valid legislation, in particular Act No. 101/2000 Coll., on the Protection of Personal Data, as amended (hereinafter referred to as the "PPD" ) and Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data and repealing Directive 95/46 / EC (hereinafter referred to as the “GDPR”).
- In accordance with Section 5 (2) of the ZOOU Act and Article 6 (1) of the GDPR, the Language School has the legal title to process the personal data of the Client referred to in the first paragraph of this article for the purpose of concluding and performing the contract. A refusal to provide personal data will result in a non-conclusion of the contract. In addition, the Language School has the right to process personal data provided in connection with the performance of the contract as a legitimate interest, for the purposes of direct marketing, i.e. the sending of business messages of the Language School.
- The Client acknowledges that the Client's consent is not required to process his or her personal data under the previous paragraph.
- The Language School confirms that it is aware that, in accordance with applicable legislation, the Client has: (a) the right to access to his / her personal data consisting of the right to obtain from the administrator a confirmation, if the administrator process personal data concerning the Client and information about the purpose of the processing, the category of personal data, the time of processing and other information pursuant to Article 15 of the GDPR; (b) the right to correct inaccurate personal data pursuant to Article 16 of the GDPR; (c) the right to delete personal data if the purpose for which it was collected ceases or if the Client has withdrawn the consent to the processing of personal data or the personal data was collected unlawfully and for other reasons mentioned in Article 17 of the GDPR; (d) the right to limit the processing consisting in the fact that the client denies the accuracy of the personal data or has raised an objection to the processing and in the other cases referred to in Article 18 GDPR; (e) the right to the portability of data consisting in the fact that the Client has the right to obtain the personal data he / she has provided to the Language School as an administrator in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and in the right to transmit that data to another administrator under the conditions set forth in Article 20 of the GDPR; (f) the right to object to the processing of personal data under Article 21 GDPR; and (g) the right to file a complaint with the Office for Personal Data Protection.
- The Client hereby declares that he / she is adequately informed about his or her privacy rights.
- The Language School undertakes to take steps to prevent unauthorized or accidental access to the personal data of the Client, their alteration, destruction or loss, unauthorized transmissions, any other unauthorized processing, and other misuse of personal data.
- The Language School shall ensure that its employees and other persons working with persona data of the Client will be informed to the extent stipulated by generally binding legal regulations that such data shall be stored and protected according to the PPD and GDPR and not to be provided to third parties.
- The Language School declares that the system in which personal data are stored is located in the European Union and / or is under EU-US protection Privacy Shield Framework and complies with the GDPR.
- The Client's personal data will be processed for the duration of the contract concluded on the basis of the order. The Language School undertakes to erase the processed personal data without undue delay after termination of the contract, but not later than 1 month, except for the Language School authorization pursuant to Section 20 (2) of the ZOOU and Article 6 (1) f) GDPR.
- If the Client will grant his / her consent to do so, the Language Scholl will send him information about new language courses, promotions and special offers of the Language School, etc..
- The Language School uses so-called cookies, tags and other similar technologies. These technologies provide customers with information tailored to their needs and their efficient administration.
- These cookies collect information about habits of a visitor of the website, when searching, help to create a profile for the client / visitor of a website, and accordingly target advertising announcements relevant to the interests of the visitor of the website and the user of the website. These cookies are used to better target the ad to users. They are also used to limit the number of ad messages to one user and make advertising campaigns more effective.
- Cookies are information stored in plain text files located on a computer from a web site. These cookies can be read through web pages during later visits. The information stored in the cookie may be related to the customer's behavior when browsing the web page or contain a unique identification number so that the web site will be able to "remember" it on his / her next visit. In general, cookies do not contain personal information through which the customer can be identified unless such information has been provided by the customer to the website.
- There are two kinds of cookies that use websites. Permanent cookies are stored on hard disk for a long time. Relational cookies are stored in the cache while visiting a website and are automatically removed from the computer when the customer disconnects from the Internet.
- The purpose of permanent cookies is, among other things, to make it easier to fill in previously provided information to a visitor of a website, and to collect information about web search habits (which may include, but is not limited to, an ad available in a web browser targeted directly to the interests of a person who, the site has entered certain data, whether personal or otherwise), for example entered in the search form.
- When using cookies we will use the following types of cookies:
- Application cookies - necessary for the proper running of the application and possible purchase process in our eshop,
- Cookies with user data preference - here are mentioned previously entered data e.g. about login data, preferences, etc.,
- Measuring cookies - especially for tracking website traffic and performance (Google Analytics),
- Cookies designed to personalize your ad
Browser settings and cookies settings
- If a visitor does not agree to a cookie service, he / she can follow the instructions on the "Help" tab of his Internet browser to deactivate the storage of all cookies on his / her computer.
- In addition to permanently deactivating cookies, you can manually delete these files from your computer (usually by using the keyboard shortcut: CTRL + SHIFT + Delete) each time you visit the website.
- However, given the benefits of these cookies, we recommend using them.
XI. Out-of-court settlement of consumer disputes
In the case of a dispute between the Language School and the Client, who is in the position of a consumer, arising from the contract on provision of language course concluded on the basis of the Client's order, which cannot be settled by mutual agreement, the Client-consumer may submit proposal for out-of-court settlement of such dispute to the authority designed to out-of-court settlement of consumer disputes, which is:
XII. Final provisions
- Except as otherwise provided in these GTC or agreed otherwise by the Contracting Parties, the legal relations between the Contracting Parties shall be governed by the relevant provisions of Act No. 89/2012 Coll., The Civil Code, as amended.
- These Business Terms and Conditions are issued under the Civil Code and are valid and effective from 30019